Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

Hello everyone,

Just a few lines to tell you about a change in the blog's concept. It is now called "Daily music reviews" (no thanks to the guy who already owns "A review a day" and doesn't use it) as I will try to post a new review everyday. It may be a little too ambitious and it will certainly be a challenge but I listen to a lot of records and, as a consequence, I buy a lot of records so I'm not worrying about not finding new material to write about but more about my ability to make a new review everyday. I am absolutely sure I will regularly fail in my obligations as I am a student and therefore have a busy school and social life but I will try to update this blog on a regular basis, if not daily. I hope you won't mind these little breaches to the rules and, as far as possible, I will try to compensate the delay everytime it happens.
Another big change is that I won't post on the two blogs at the same time anymore, as I will now only write in English. I am sorry for my French-speaking readers but it will already be hard enough to write everyday, so imagine there is no way I will be able to translate each review in time. I hope that won't push too many readers away. If you're not too lazy, you can still use the marvelous website that is WordReference. I use the occasion to apologize for all the mistakes you may find in my texts, my English is far from being perfect but I try to improve it everyday! English-speaking readers, your corrections are more than welcomed.

This being said, I hope you will enjoy reading my reviews and that you will discover great new music thanks to this blog. Don't hesitate to leave comments, whether it be about the records or the reviews themselves. Both readers and bands can contact me here: dailymusicreviews(at)hotmail.fr

Thank you for your reading,
Romain.

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally supporting you as i'm fond of reading your music reviews. Alternativ News & your blog (& Alucard blog I may add) helped me discover a lot of bands & improve my knowledge concerning those I already knew. You're planning a big challenge, hope u will get it into an end. Many thanks for informing us everyday via Alternativ news, and good cheer for the work to come...
    PS I'm a french reader, hope my english is understandable... I don't have problems reading english, in opposite it will make me practice so in a way thx ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha bon parlons anglais alors! Thank you for the kind words. My previous blog wasn't really helpful to find new bands as it was focused on reviewing "big" releases. I think this one will be much better in putting small bands into the spotlights. Well, if I can make you discover new music and improve your English at the same time, it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But well-known bands are not automacticly well-known for all of us ^^ I discovered for example The dangerous summer or Closure in moscow ; as well, in the blogs you are contributing, some reviews made me discover further bands that I just knew by name (gallows, etc.). You decided to talk about small bands, it's even greater for them & us. I also really appreciate when you indicate the kind of bands we may like if we enjoyed the CD reviewed. Let stop my blabla, i'll try to create an account as appearing as anonymous is quite impolite...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It pleases me, Gallows, The Dangerous Summer and Closure In Moscow are three great bands and their albums belong to my favorite of they ear (as my reviews suggested). And I make a special effort to find small(er) bands that really sound alike in the "Check also" section, it usually takes me a while but it's something I really want to do. I hope you check them out and like some of them!
    Also, you can comment the posts without a Google account if you choose "Name/URL" just above "Anonymous", so you just have to put your name or a random user name.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an English teacher, so if you need help or need corrections, let me know!
    By the way, you have great tastes in music! That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Guillaume! Are you French? Don't hesitate to correct my mistakes or weird formulations in the comments, that'll help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I'm French! No problem and you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete